Bollywood Newbie#2 - FINALLY!

Saturday 10 July 2010
By Sonia
I invited my friend Ixchel to watch a Hindi movie and she agreed willingly (my guess~). She already watched a movie before I had the time to suggest her on what to watch! It's really exciting and encouraging. She watched Kites and the most interesting thing about it is that I've been telling her about Kites 'cause she's Mexican and I wanted to know if Barbara Mori is a good actress to decide if I should watch Kites at the theatre. And now she's watched Kites. Without further ado, here we go!

1) What do you like about the movie????

I liked Hrithik Roshan (jk),the visuals and the fact that i didn't expected it to be like it was, it's a different type of movie, i mean it made me laugh because the dialogue is really absurd sometimes(hmm not sure if that's a good thing) let's say that the chemistry between the characters was like jane and tarzan, it was entertaining.

2) What don't you like about the movie?

i didn't like that the movie uses too many clichés, the snail-paced scenes and the climax (not a perfect ending).

3) What surprised you in the movie?

I have to say that Music and dancing(it was something weird mostly because I'm not used to watch people dance in a movie unless it's about dance), likewise the car chases scenes,cars flipping and blasting, i definitely didn't see those coming because they didn't look cheap hehe.

And i have to say that i wasn't expecting that climax.

4) Anything else you would like to point out???

I didn’t hate the movie but i didn’t love it either i guess it was okay.

5) Can you name a few of your favourite movies so that people may have an idea what type of movie-goer you are????

That's though! I've liked tons of different types movies that I can't decide:
Back to the future
Stranger than fiction
Big Fish
Spirited Away (I love hayao miyazaki's movies)
WALL•E ( Pixar is awesome )

6)Was Kites what you expected of an Indian movie? Does it make you want to watch more?

To be honest I wasn't sure about Bollywood( my biggest influence is Hollywood 'cause USA is awfully close) so I didn't know what to expect, all I could think about was "i only hope those movies don't look cheap, or I'm gonna laugh even if it is drama". So you can say Kites wasn't what I was expecting from an Indian movie, I expected less, so much less. And yeah I think I'm more interested about watching Indian films!

7) Rate KITES ( 0 - 5 , 5 is the highest)
3 .Kites didn’t fly too high

3 comments:

11 July 2010 at 01:21 Agnes Tse

Kites didn’t fly too high ... 呢句好應呀.

20 May 2019 at 18:50 Simran Roy

your writing is like a breath of fresh air. Thank you for sharing to have no words to appreciate you over great articles provided. to read more info please visit CSUF Guide

2 July 2019 at 15:49 Rick A Christie

this is very informative and intersting for those who are interested in blogging field. Reduce Maths Anxiety

Post a Comment